Fostex R8 Manual?

lansingxcore

hello. i got a used r8 for free (8 track, 1/4") under the understanding that it may or may not even be working properly. I just got some tape for it, but haven't tried to spool it up or whatever, as i'm completely new to analog tape. For this reason and for many others, i need a copy of the manual.. but i can't seem to find one online, short of paying fostex alot of money for it (for a discontinued product? give me a break).. can anybody help?

fostex r8 manual

Hi,
I'm exactly in your same situation.
I'm hardly looking for fostex r8 instructions manual and service manual.
As soon as I'll find it I'll send you a copy, please do the same for me.
thank you very much and take care ...
Alby

i downloaded the zip file, but within it were a bunch of files with a .cal extension.. i opened a few in notepad, but they don't seem to be anything significant. do you know what this is supposed to be, lemontree? and alby, will do if i find it in an electronic format.

Another one here in need of R8 manual

Hi guys, if ya find one let me know i also need a manual for a fostex R8 recorder, i bought one and it didnt have one with it

Kim

A while back, I was in need of a Fostex manual that wasn't on their website at the time. (XR-7, I think). They have a link on their site that allows you to order their manuals, but for an absolutely ridiculous shipping cost. (they wanted to charge me $7 for the manual and another $10 for shipping!) However, if you call their toll free service number and ask for a different method of shipping that won't require you to start your own Nigerian royalty scam, they'll back off a bit. They ended up charging me 4 bucks, and it only took 3 days to get to me. Hope this helps you guys a bit.

Back