Fostex R8 8-Track Reel to Reel

SilentSound

We just upgraded to a 1" 16 track and to make room I'm selling the old R8 we've used for the last few years.

This machine is in excellent shape and has never given me one problem. The heads were cleaned before, after, and during the recording process but it may be due for a demagging. Very quick but controllable compression/saturation on 1/4" tape is my favorite part. On vocals, kick, and bass it really came through. I exclusively used ampex/quantegy 456-the normal output/thickness tape.

We've done just about all of our recordings on it so if you'd like to hear an example of what is possible with the machine and a DAW(and in some cases, just the machine and a 16 channel board), check out:

www.gertiefox.com and/or
www.myspace.com/gertiefox

I've seen these go on ebay for 250-350 already and am looking for a comparable price. This machine is in excellent shape, sounds great, and can be synch'd with other machines via smpte. Los Angeles or Orange County local pick up is fine and I'll work with you however you'd like to keep shipping costs low. Thanks!

Matt

Couldn't find pics of your machine, and in all honesty I'm not looking to buy...I did find Alexis very attractive, though, and dug the music playing when I entered the site.

Back