Fostex Pm 0.4 = good cheap monitors?

Dexterprog

I found someone selling this used for a good price in my country. I can't afford anything better, so I was wondering if they are any good for entry level monitors? Anyone tried them?

IMO? If you have to save for the next two years to get good monitoring, do it. The absolute most important purchase you will ever make (in the audio field) is the last thing you should ever skimp on.

IMO? If you have to save for the next two years to get good monitoring, do it. The absolute most important purchase you will ever make (in the audio field) is the last thing you should ever skimp on.
Even if I don't have monitors now? I am just still learning and I am not planning on recording bands (just my own stuff), but all I have are some Edifier RC1000 speakers.

This is where it's "up to you" -- If you're just 'messing around' then you can go with whatever you want. If you eventually want to bring it to the next level, you should start at the *first* level (which is developing your listening skills - which you won't do without decent monitoring).

Back