Fostex MR-8 recording

FatBoy_Krawl

Ok, I finally got my MR-8 a few weeks ago and did a couple recordings on it. One thing I am hearing is that there is a digital metrenome sound (faint, but there) in all my recordings. I thought maybe it was the recording from line out on the computer to the Fostex. So, after recording with only the internal mic I listened and (Doh!) it's still there. Any ideas? Here is a link to listen to the song and if you listen close to the ending you can hear the ticking.

Thanks,
FBK

Fatboy,
Just to make things a little quicker, I'll refer you to the thread titled "mr8 beeping" in this forum. I'll bump it for you.

bd

I don't here any beeping or clicking in this recording. I do have a tip though: Encoding MP3s to 320 is overkill. 192 is the most encoding you will need for your recordings.

Thanks for the info and I'll see if I can make something and post it where the background clicking can be heard this time ;) and thanks for the bump.

:D Being a Blooozer, I had to listen to a tune by somebody who calls themself FatBoy_Krawl! LOL Nice pickin, dooode! :cool:

It could stand to be about twice as loud (+ 6Db), and though some folks do use the 192 conversion on MP3's, most of us peons use 128 to save space and upload/download time. Especially for us po folks that are still on 56K. LOL

CR ><>

Hey FB_Krawl, nice picking! I enjoyed your guitar work. What's your setup? What kind of guitars were used?

Did you record the rhythmn guitar first and overdubbed the lead?

Anyway, good job.

KF

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Amazingly all I used was a Regal RD35-B Dobro and the Fostex MR-8 internal mic. I came home from lunch and recorded the rythm on track 1 and then recorded the lead on track 2. Setting both with a touch of reverb, but not so much as to saturate it. I think overall the sound came out very nice considering it's in a room with 2 computers going and our heating ducts above the recording area.

I'm going to be tinkering with CWPA9 and work on recording my electric (Ibanez RG270-DX w/ Crate GT-80) and see if I can get a good sound without going direct into the MR-8 and use the internal mic again.

Again, thanks for the kind words regarding the song. ;)

PS. Nope, using the wall wart on the MR-8.

Axe4Yahweh said:
:D Being a Blooozer, I had to listen to a tune by somebody who calls themself FatBoy_Krawl! LOL Nice pickin, dooode! :cool:

It could stand to be about twice as loud (+ 6Db), and though some folks do use the 192 conversion on MP3's, most of us peons use 128 to save space and upload/download time. Especially for us po folks that are still on 56K. LOL

CR ><>

LOL, Thank ya. I work for the ISP here and keep forgetting about the 56k world I came from many many moons ago since going to dsl. I'll make it smaller next time. ;)

Back