Fostex monitors?

rll882000

What does everyone think about fostex for monitoring, musicians friend has a studio bundle that includes these monitors with a mxl mic package and accessories for 599, is it worth it or should i just go wiht something like event monitors?

rll882000 said:
What does everyone think about fostex for monitoring, musicians friend has a studio bundle that includes these monitors with a mxl mic package and accessories for 599, is it worth it or should i just go wiht something like event monitors?
Someone told me that MF likes to bundle top sellers with things they can't get off the shelf any other way. So the question is, which one is the top seller? I've seen people on this site who have Fostex monitors and unfortunately, opinions go both ways with them. I have a cheap pair of Sonys that I use until I can get something better.
Are you after the bundle for the monitors or the mics? Which way is it advertised? MXL mic package that includes the Fostex monitors, or Monitors that include the mic package? That should say something. Sorry if I wasn't much help...

well its advertised as a studio bundle, i would think that the mics are theyre top seller, it just looked attractive to me becasue i want to buy a set of good monitors and a set of good mics. i figured id kill to birds wiht one stone but i havent heard much about fostex as a monitor company. As of now im just thinking of going wiht a set of Behringer Truth's or one of the Events i just need to go and hear them both ill be on my way to gc tommrow or the next day.
but thanks for the help

rll882000 said:
well its advertised as a studio bundle, i would think that the mics are theyre top seller, it just looked attractive to me becasue i want to buy a set of good monitors and a set of good mics. i figured id kill to birds wiht one stone but i havent heard much about fostex as a monitor company. As of now im just thinking of going wiht a set of Behringer Truth's or one of the Events i just need to go and hear them both ill be on my way to gc tommrow or the next day.
but thanks for the help
I think that's probably your best bet. If they have the Fostex monitors at gc, you should listen to them too, then make up your mind which one suits you best.

Good luck with it.

Your welcome!

rll882000 said:

By and large the Fostex PM05's, PM1.0's and PM 2.0's are excellent in their respective size categories.

In Future Music magazine, the PM 0.5's came in near the top of a head to head test, and were only topped by the Yamaha 3's.

actually i just got back from gc bought a nice set of 20/20's the fostex just didnt have the sound i was going for.
thanks

rll882000 said:
actually i just got back from gc bought a nice set of 20/20's the fostex just didnt have the sound i was going for.
thanks

That's cool. I'm sure those will be excellent. Which Fostex's did the GC have on hand?

Back