Fostex G-16S

elmerfunk

To Infinity..and Beyond!!
In my search for a 1/2" 16 track machine. I have found another possible candidate. I have found a Fostex G-16S with the 8330 timecode sync card and RS422 (sony protocol) option. It comes with a rolling stand, manual, and the remote extension cable. He says the deck has about 900 hours on it. He is going to e-mail pics of the head assembly and tape path. (Why am I nervous about this?) Because every head assembly I've seen in the last week was junk. The sync card is pretty explanatory...can anyone tell me what the RS 422 is? He's asking $725.00. I thought it seemed fair. Anyone well versed in the G series? Love to hear from you. Thanks

I don't know....I had an E-16 and it served me well. The G-16 series has the detachable face that becomes the remote. I don't know much about its circuitry or anything like that. I remember pricing one at a local music store when they were in production and they were like $8000. I almost bought one back them new. What about the RS 422 sony protocol option...anyonr know anything about that.

Back