fostex fd-8 and PC

HAPPY PAPPY

I have a fostex fd-8 digital multitracker with an external zip drive. I also have a pc. I'm wondering if there is a way I can link my fd-8 up to the pc, either using midi, or by SCSI....I want to use the fd-8 as a mixer, but actually have it recording on the hard disc of my computer..rather than the zip drive..and when I change levels or eq on the fostex, I will see it move on the screen...Can anyone recommend any good programs to use as a multi tracker......or any good methods of linking these 2 machines together?

I have a pocket express midi interface on my pc, which I have never used, but I figured this may be the application I can use it with.

thanks

You can just run a cord from the stereo out to the line in of the sound card....But if I understand you correctly and want to mix previously recorded tracks thru the fd8 after youve recorded them to computer, youll need a multi-input/output card such as the Delta 44 or Delta 1010....as far as seeing it moving on the screen you wont....if you want a setup similar to what you are describing, check out the Echo EZbus or Tascam US428....

OK, THANKS. I"m still trying to figure out what the midi in and outs serve as, since i don't have a manuel for the unit, but thanks.

Back