Fostex E16

harley96

Well, I'm just in la-la land as I noticed a fostex E16 1/2" 16 track on ebay.The guy that was selling it lives 30 minutes from me and I've bought a pair of event 20/20's,and a hafler p1500 from him in the past and I was quite satisfied with the merchandise.So,off to bidding I went and I decided to email him and see if we could work something out.He wanted atleast $750.00 for the E16, 8316 remote,fostex reel to reel stand,demagnitizer,6 reels of tape,and believe it or not the original owner's manual..Well,I was going to do whatever I had to do to get it.There were previous bids on it and considering I'm a cash paying local customer and have dealt with him in the past and have delivered on my end everytime he decided to end the auction and give it to me.The next day I arrived with $750.00 in hand and as expected this machine was in totally mint condition.Seriously, this guy ran like 6 reels through this machine over the course of it's life.I was totally in awe when I left with it.I ran some signals through it and I'm just amazed!!!! Basically, I transferred my tapes I did on the B16 over to the E16 and they actually sounded better once I transferred them. I bought it to replace the B16D I have which I'm going to get rid of pretty soon although the B16 is no slouch either...:D :D I would love a Tascam ms16 but I am extremely happy with this unit:D :D

I had an E16, and im really sad i sold it a little more than a year ago. I didn't use it much. I record remotely so ADATs where standard. I couldn't trust myself lugging around the Fostex, and I don't have enough money to keep it sitting there while not being used. It kills me to not have it, and I've already started looking for another one. Your price was rediculous. For the remote alont he could have asked $150 without question on eBay. And I sold my machine for $1100 on eBay. The hardest part about eBay is knowing the product. I would have a really hard time buying blind. I just missed an E16 go for cheap over the thaknsgiving weekend since I didn't have access to a computer. It was only a 20 minute drive from Austin where I go to school. I know I shouldn't buy another one until I get out of university and no longer live in an apartment so I can have a permanent setup.

Kristian, yeah I saw that one go for like $800.00 buy it now in less than a few hours of being up for auction.I almost bought his dead E16 for parts which he wanted $225.00 buy it now but with shipping and everything I couldn't justify it.This machine is flawless in everyway so I doubt I'm going to have any problems for awhile.

Back