Fostex 812 - Would it be worth the risk ?

mark73

Hey,
Just found a Fostex 812 Mixer going quite cheap with the following description :

Fostex 812 Recording Mixer with owners manual. 12-8-2 channels. Not been used for a few years. Last time I did use it the sliders sometimes crackled but I think it just needs a clean. The front was loose and I lazily stuck some masking tape on it but doesnt affect the working.
Picture Attached below

Do you reckon it would be worth a risk if i could get it cheap enough and more importantly how hard would all of that be to fix ?

Cheers
Mark

Attachments

• a3c5_1.jpg
    a3c5_1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 874
I think it depends on how much he wants for it. I personally don't like Fostex but it looks (visually) like a pretty nice mixer. Judging on what he says about him lazily slapping tape on it and the faders crackling I wouldn't pay too much for it as I would consider it a "Parts machine".

Yeh, thanks alot.
Now i think about it its going to cost over 70 GBP with still a day to go for what potentially is a broken mixer and there could be anything wrong with it internally.
On the good side there is 12 channels all with direct outs which would be ideal but im going to leave that particular one.

Yeh, thats what i have decided. Have you got any particular reccomendations that i might be able to pick up at a reasonable price. I need something with direct outs ideally.

Back