Fostex 8 Track Mixer Question!

vitamin worm

hey guys,

a friend just got a Fostex A-8 and doesnt have a mixer for it.

in case you are unfamiliar with the machine, it is an 8 Track reel to reel recorder that has 4 RCA (those red and white things) ins and 8 outs. Which means that you can only record to a maximum of 4 tracks at any given time.

Anyway, i am helping a friend find a mixer for it. We were thinking about getting the Alesis Studio 24, but it is quite out of the price range we were looking at.

We recently came across a mint Fostex 450 mixer really cheap and we came to the conclusion that this may be what we are looking for. For anybody that is familiar with this mixer:

1) can i record 4 tracks at one on it?

and...

2) after the recording is finished would i be able to mix the stuff down using this mixer? would every track have its own fader and eq so he can fuck with them differently

i am new to this whole thing, so if you guys would answer these i would be much obliged!

Thanks!

-vw

You might get a better response by posting this in the "FOSTEX FORUM".... Im not sure about this mixer, but you may also want to look it up on the Net.... Just by typing the "Fostex 450 mixer".......You should be able to dig some info up on this unit.

Back