Fostex 454 Mixer

toadies

Anyone know anything about this mixer? is it good enough for recording? EQ good on it? Let me know please

I can't find nothing on fostex pre-amps or mixers

I used a Fostex 450 ( the predecessor to the 454) for many years. If you'd like to hear something recorded on it, go to -

http://home.earthlink.net/~digitmus

scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link "A Couple Old Songs". There are 2 tunes there tracked & mixed entirely on the Fostex. Keep in mind this was 15 years ago, and all analog.

Scott

so you think it would be worth gettnig for around $200, it would be mainly use to track drums. and maybe mix analog to my reel to reel machine.

Pretty good song btw

How did you like the pres? compared to the DMP3 or VTB-1 everyone is raving about.

If it's in good shape, it sounds like a good deal. When they were brand new (like 12-15 years ago) they went for about $1000 for the 8 channel and almost $2000 for the 16. I couldn't possibly compare the preamps with the newer stuff, because I haven't used them side by side. The preamps in my 450 never let me down, and they certainly compared favorably with the first Mackies when they showed up in about 1990.

Scott

P.S. Thanks for the props on the song - which one? (or both?)

DigitMus said:
If it's in good shape, it sounds like a good deal. When they were brand new (like 12-15 years ago) they went for about $1000 for the 8 channel and almost $2000 for the 16. I couldn't possibly compare the preamps with the newer stuff, because I haven't used them side by side. The preamps in my 450 never let me down, and they certainly compared favorably with the first Mackies when they showed up in about 1990.

Scott

P.S. Thanks for the props on the song - which one? (or both?)

the song was sunny crussin'

Very nice mix, love the style you did with it.

Back