Forgotten Flower

I'd make a couple of copies of the drum track, I've had to do this in the past. EQ one to get the best snare sound, one for the best kick sound and one for the best overhead sound and mix them to taste

Actualy the kick doesn't have a lot of punch on it at all. I'd probably put a lopass filter on a copy of the drums and get all the kick I needed to use as a trigger for drumagog and use a different kick sample....I don't think you'll ever get that to cut through a mix the way it is. If you start EQing for beater snap it's gonna mess up the snare quite bad.

VSpaceBoy said:
Cubase SX3
I also have a few free plug ins but I'm not home right now to tell you what they are.

i don't know how good it is but cubase sx3 comes with a multiband compressor plugin. i have'nt tried it.

this is a cool tune but i hate the snare. no other way for me to say it, sorry. it's all top, no snares present and almost sounds like a meaty click.

dig the vocals/lyrics and the other instruments. it's nice hearing a female singer that strays from the pack a bit. you alreay know that you need to make some room for the vocals...........maybe pull down some guitar levels and pan things around a bit?

Ok gang, I tried alot of what was said now its time to take my temp a little.

Remixed
feel free to smack me if it sounds worse! :eek:

Thanks again for the tremendous help!

Bass guitar is a little loud. Guitars might need to come down just a little also. They both just seem to be taking a bit of power from the drums. The drums sound much better. Kick is still distant, but not sure if it's really fixable without re-tracking it. The bass seems pretty heavy around 80hz. This might also be very close to the kick. I'd say fix the drums, and then maybe you can get the bass in there better.
The bass has good tone, just too much of it for the drums. If'n I can help in any way, just let me know man.
Ed

Thanks for the listen man, I appreciate it.

I've come to realize that I must get new monitors. I can't hear most of the stuff you guys are pointing out until I take the song into my car or somewhere else. I just ordered a new set on ebay so I'll just hold off on doing anything else till I get those set up. Hopefully Wed.

Thanks again

Back