Forever More

K-dub

This is a remix off my band's 2020 album release.. Because we operated as a band, and three of sang lead, we took turns singing. In fact, out of the 10 songs on the album, I sing two.

The lyrics in this song are entirely based on pick up lines.

Last edited:
This our drummer, Frank. I told him to sing it like John Lennon channeling Elvis.

Originally he had no clue what I meant, but after a couple cocktails on my front porch (it was recorded in covid times so we tracked outdoors) he completely zoned in on playing the part and some of his takes were over the top.

Part of my rearranging my old albums is around taking the material we did w/ the band out of "rotation" ... as they are better versions than my solo efforts.

I think I remember an earlier version of this one. Nice tight performances. Mixwise the BV ahhhs are slightly too loud in the pre-chorus and masking the vocal. Also the snare is not blending with the rest of the band. It pops through well but it sounds kind of choked and synthetic. I like the jumpy rhythm. Good jam

I think I remember an earlier version of this one. Nice tight performances. Mixwise the BV ahhhs are slightly too loud in the pre-chorus and masking the vocal. Also the snare is not blending with the rest of the band. It pops through well but it sounds kind of choked and synthetic. I like the jumpy rhythm. Good jam
There's horns combined w/ vox. It does get dense. I'll pull them back. Thanks K!! It's a real snare, but I may have it gated too hard. I'll attend.

Yeah that's good now. Quite often I'll dupe the snare track and gate/compress that and EQ the original so you get the punch without losing tone or tail

If I need that "extra boost", I'll employ that technique also. The shit we know, K.

:D

I'll also run a kick/snare parallel and aux out both to set frequencies to enhance.

... which I did on this.

Back