For those ....

The guitar on the first tune I heard was way out of tune.You've hit and ran your link in the right place though!The people here can help you with your recording problems!:D

Pretty good guitar playing but the mixing needs help.Maybe someone will give you some advice.Good luck.

Thanks!

Thanks for you nice comment!
You're right about the tune in the first track. You're the second person to realize it. I knew it since I've mixed. But I've loose all original tracks and the final (mixed) track became like that. I thought it kept a good vibe and I let like that. In a next recording I'll try to improve my sound and I'll take care with tuning.

Listened to Intense Sense.

I guess I'm now the third to notice the guit was out of tune. Up until 1:45 the instruments sounded smooth, although the overall levels were a bit high. I think that the different instruments up to that point are competing a bit for sonic space. The guits and bass I think could especially be separated better.

The lead starting at 1:45 is way too loud.

The panning goofiness beginning at 2:08 might sound ok to some people listening on speakers. But I think most people will be annoyed by it. And on headphones it almost cracks your skull.

I'm sure other people can pick up a lot more.

Additionally - if you provide feedback to other people on the board, you'll find you receive more feedback as well. Just kind of the ground rules.

Hi Capitani,

I've listened to both pieces. Usually I'm having a hard time relating to intstrumental rock music in general, but this is hot!

"The Green Tomato's Revenge" is tense and interesting from beginning to end and I would really like to hear a stereo version (with some improvement to the production :)) of this one - or is it intentionally in mono ?

"Intense Sense" sounds a little less original to me, after listening two times. But I really enjoy this one too. The out of tune stuff just makes it sound even more stoned :cool:.

Both tracks are somewhat hysterical in a very musical way and all in all you sound like you've got great music in you.
I'd say go for it!

Just my humble opinion...

Erik

el capitani

Intense Sense - I do not understand.. The song is so good how could no one notice the obvious tuning problems :confused: Sweet tune though.. very sweet.. I am amazed the tuning problems were let by.. That is not good.. The solo came in a bit loud, but if you let that tuning go through, that is the least of the problems..

The Green Tomatos - compressed to the point of distortion imop.. but another excellent tune..

Both of these songs could be GREAT if not for the person who let these things by.. I did not read the other replys totally, but who ever was responsible for these gross errors should be shot.. if it was you, shoot yourself. :)(joke)

excellent songs, great performance.. :D

sam

Re: el capitani

B.SABBATH said:
Intense Sense - I do not understand.. The song is so good how could no one notice the obvious tuning problems :confused: Sweet tune though.. very sweet.. I am amazed the tuning problems were let by.. That is not good.. The solo came in a bit loud, but if you let that tuning go through, that is the least of the problems..

The Green Tomatos - compressed to the point of distortion imop.. but another excellent tune..

Both of these songs could be GREAT if not for the person who let these things by.. I did not read the other replys totally, but who ever was responsible for these gross errors should be shot.. if it was you, shoot yourself. :)(joke)

excellent songs, great performance.. :D

sam
dang....took the words outta my mouth.
here...hand me the gun if you don't have the nerve !!!! (bad joke)

First of all, thank you very much for all this feedback I'm having so far. I can't believe my eyes.
Intense Sense is number ONE in Brazil & South America Top Songs in mp3.com !!! The Green Tomato's Revenge is number 2 in my city!
Thanks for everyone who listen to it. When I started to compose and to record these songs I've never intend to be in a 'chart' with an instrumental song. I did it for myself! So again ... Thanks!

About all this tecnical discussion concerning tunning, mixing, recording problems. I'm here for it. Read your opinions, tips, etc.

All these comments are so worthy for me! So tell me how solve it.

In these songs How kind of adjustment should I do? What kinds of mistake should I can't repeat? Ok?

Yeah! I'm the person who let these things by ... and I don't want to do it again ... I don't want a bullet in my head ...

For Erik O.
There is a 128 kbytes mp3 stereo version to download or to listen in streaming. Search for 'hi-fi version' or download it for your HD.
Soon I'll post a new one.

Giovanni

Giovanni,

I've got a broadband connection so I have chosen HiFi-play for both tunes.

"The Green Tomato's Revenge" is definitely in mono on my system. "Intense Sense" is stereo, all right.

Anyone else experiencing this ?

Erik

Back