for those that like eric whitacre

cello_pudding

so this is a bit in the vein of the song by bon iver called 'the woods', but a lot of eric whitacre influence as well.

it's all natural vocal, so be warned how different this is.

inspired by a dream i had.

what sticks out, what is annoying...i'm just wanting feedback.

peace

UPDATED: http://kiwi6.com/file/3u9cr89a57

Last edited:
Wow. I was completely taken aback despite your warning!

I mean, it sounds great. Very clear and full. I am not familiar with the influences you mention, so this was unique for me.

I liked the sound of your voice singing the main part a lot. I've heard it before, but it had been a while and I remember it now. There were some harmony parts that really threw me - like the high part at :47. Then again, the section from 1:00 t0 1:07 was simply amazing. Really rich and full sounding and the harmonies there were really nice. It got weird for me again in the 1:20 area...

The recording is fine, I wouldn't be of any help to you there. Well done.

thank you sir! i'm hoping the listener doesn't think when they listen. all of the parts were made up on the spot. i had a main melody, but the rest was improv. i sat down at the piano creating chord progressions that were complex, but i scrapped it. i didn't want it to be something that you could analyze. just take it in as music. it has no time signature, and i have no idea what chords i'm singing.

i took out the part that was too rhythmic that you seemed to get weirded out by. i liked one note that it was doing in it. i scrapped it, and re recorded a part with that one note.

here's what i think is a final version. i just wish i could sing a high B. I'm singing a low B an octave below the second to last B on the bass clef, and an F# on the top of the treble in the last chord. there's a blank spot in the highest soprano because i just don't go that high.

did some eq, and fixed my limiters and compressors to come out less distorted.

Download Emmaus.mp3 - Kiwi6.com Mp3 Upload

Back