for prog metal fans

I liked it. Some pretty serious chops all around! Impressive. Doubly impressive for having written and recorded the whole thing in 1 night! Damn!

I'd say those keyboards could come up some. Especially during the "verse". The rhythm distorted guitar sounds pretty distant and detached from mix. Bass could be a little loud.

Turn down that keyboard! for my sake . louder drums, a more prominet bass. Good tune! WHen you doing vocals. It would sound great with vocals.

Hey. I hope I don't get flamed for this but, it's kinda "cheezy":eek: . The quality is good and the playing is also good but the tune is.......................you know....."cheezy"
very "80's glam rock"

Not a flame at all. Just want to point out that "cheezy" 80's glam rock did pretty darn well for itself. In fact, you'll still find that a lot of these old cheezy 80's glam bands have quite a following. Behold, the power of cheese. :D

This reminded me a lot of Dream Theater's Images and Words album - not exactly 80's tho ( 1992 :cool: ) with the searing keyboard solo's. I remember being floored by it when it came out. Now dust it off every now and then and still enjoy it - mainly getting wow-ed by the amazing chops on those guys, which also struck me with this piece.

Keep it comin', clif! :)
-Jeff

The begining sounds like a sonic the hedge hog sound track, but yeah drums have to come up. Just had to ask if you've heard of Deadsy, similar sound.

Pat

Thanks for the feedback all of you. I will play around with the mixing some more. Down on the keys, more present drums and bass...

Sonic the Hedge hog!? lol ... yeah all of the music this guy and myself write is "cheesy". No offense taken.....especially since the fact that we are both:

1) avid Dream Theater fans

2) generally enjoy 80's sounding stuff including stuff from keyboardist Vince De Cola (remember Transformers the movie Soundtrack and Rocky 4?)

3) avid Video game/anime/sci-fi fans as well

So it look like you guys have us figured out. We are basically all around geeks who enjoy writing self-indulgent pretentious music:)

clif

Cliff- It reminds me more of something that power metal bands like Kamelot and Lost horizon are doing more than dream theatre. I dig the tune, the keyboard sounds combined with the drum machine do give it an 80s vibe but there are plenty of European metal bands still thriving with this sound. I personally can't stand "american" metal at this point but thats another thread.
The keyboards sounded a little loud in relation to everything else. The solo, could lose some of the delay are verb so it is more up front. It gets lost in the mix. What is your setup for guitar? The tone is dark but i kind of like the sound.

Wireneck said:
Cliff- It reminds me more of something that power metal bands like Kamelot and Lost horizon are doing more than dream theatre. I dig the tune, the keyboard sounds combined with the drum machine do give it an 80s vibe but there are plenty of European metal bands still thriving with this sound. I personally can't stand "american" metal at this point but thats another thread.
The keyboards sounded a little loud in relation to everything else. The solo, could lose some of the delay are verb so it is more up front. It gets lost in the mix. What is your setup for guitar? The tone is dark but i kind of like the sound.

I am a bigger fan or Euro metal as well. The riffs in this song were influenced by bands like Kamelot and Rhapsody.

As far as the guitar set up, I used an Ibenez RG 7-string with a POD on the "Brit High Gain" distortion setting. I did have to EQ the guitars to remove some low end and add some mids.

Thanks for you comments:)

clif

Back