*for pop producers-any ideas......????quick!!!

LongWaveStudio said:
here's the new mp3 if anyone wants to hear.

-Romesh

I didn't get that one to work...but can wait 'till the final mix, I suppose. I just wanted to hear what it sounded like, now that you are going to use all the ideas I suggested, and I wanted to hear how good I could sound with someone who knew what they were doing...and I wanted to......:eek:

mxrmkr,

the only thing i have changed in this version is the snare drum pattern (now occurs every 2nd and 4th with the occasional one at the end of beat 3). and there is a really quiet filter line, very quiet.

i think im gonna stick with this, because i thought about the vocal line in a little more detail last night and thats gonna fill up a lot of space. i hvae this idea in my head for the backing vocals, cant explain at the moment, but ive got the idea!

try the link again. ill sort it out. allthough dont if youhaven't got time, ive only changed the drum pattern and a few other things, allthough it does groove a lot better. the vocals should be done in a weeks time hopefully.

"LWS... go stereo"

Messughah,

dont wanna go too stereo because this will probably end up on radio at some point if we decide to use it as a single. i want keep some mono compatibilty.

a few thigns like the guitar power chord and the bleepy delay line thing are panned a bit out of centre.

Did you ever get this tune worked out?

I really like the one tune you have up on nowhereradio-"What I Need"-Killer tune.Radio Friendly Hook and the are vocals smooth.

Do you have more?

rbw,

got lots of stuff done with her, but a lot is being held back at the moment. bit of a secret project.

glad you liked What I Need. a lot of people seem to like it, including the record labels!!!

I'm rather new to making music with my computer. I'm just wondering what synth or samples you use to get all your sounds? Escpecially the piano and the drums in What I Need which is a great song by the way =)
And what mic do you use? Is it expensive?

hi,

sheridan, it wasn't all done with computer. the vocals went onto seperate hard disc recorders. i just used cubase to record my midi info. there wasn't any soft synths or anything.

my 'samples' or sounds as they're probably better described come from a variety of keyboards and some outboard modules.

the mic on what i need is an AT3035, not that expensive at all and worth so much more than it is

LongWaveStudio said:
rbw,

got lots of stuff done with her, but a lot is being held back at the moment. bit of a secret project.

glad you liked What I Need. a lot of people seem to like it, including the record labels!!!

I know how that goes bro.I had some friends get signed to A&M Records in the early 90's and suddenly all practice and demo tapes were off limits.Of course they did slip out rough mixes from the studio when they did finally start on the first album with A&M.:-)

If this girl is signed to a label thats willing to spend the time to promote and market her,I dont see why she wouldnt see at least a moderate level of success.I really like the new song you posted(old to you but new to me).You definetly work well with this girl.Let us know when she gets a deal with a label.

Later

hi!!

thanks for your comments. she should get signed. im going to do my best to make it happen! we got a few things which are looking promising, but i wont say much at the moment.

glad you like the new (but old) track!! give it a review in the mp3 clinic if you wish!

-Romesh

Back