For diversity's sake - a sad song!

Nice song Al,
it's overall kind of quiet to me, but for this song that be what you want. And it sounds to me like the sound level is wavering up and down, almost like the mic is going in a circle, or your walking around. Some eq may help brighten it up a little bit. I think maybe a wood block would be a nice addition to the song as a timekeeper and embelishment? But I could be wrong. Just experiment!:)
Great job, Jason

I liked the song. It seemed to have a calming effect. You probably captured the emotion as you did this so it may be fruitless to try and better it..... Did you play gtr and sing at the same time?
You have a good voice. IMHO I wouldnt change a thing.
Myx

JasonBird - The fingerpicking is pretty dynamic so it sounds like its fading sometimes. Its just the way I played it. Maybe it sounds better played loud. I've thought about it but I just don't hear any percussion on this.

Myx62 - Thanks for the comments. I tracked the vocal and guitars separately. I thought of doing them together since I was (obviously) not on a click track and so my imperfect time was difficult to track when I did the vocal. But I wanted more control over the levels so I did it this way.

Nice

Hi there. I had a listen, I liked the finger picking alot. The loud and soft does make it real smooth. Good song. I also listened to Hold. I really liked the chorus, very good and nice harmony. Cheers. Erland

Really like the chord change you do at 0:35 - that definitely makes the tune for me. Sweet song, I really enjoy your acoustic playing.

Erland - Thanks for the listens. I appreciate it.

lynx - Yeah, I wouldn't have recorded the song without that chord change. Seems to be the whole point of the song.

I hope everyone agrees with the sparse arrangement.

Back