For Cool Edit Pro can someone please......

xBodix

leave me with some parametic/equalizing tips to make vocals sound clearer, cleaner, and overall better....i have been messing around with the diff. features and can't find a good setting.....

any tips would be appreciated not just parametic and equalizing...i ust wanna know overall how to clean up my vocals as best as i can....

oh yeah and if it matters...i record on the Tascam 414 MKII with Sony cassette then burn to CD and encode to WAV and put in cool edit pro...thank you.....

What is wrong with your vocals currently? IF you just want them cleaner, the best thing to do would be to record them cleanly. If you have to work with what you have, you should probably boost the 1Khz area.... I would say, the key to make recordings sound good is track them the way you want them to sound. Relying on CEP to make something sound the way it doesn't naturally isn't a good idea, unless it just effects.

MIKE

What Mastahnke said, but maybe the lower frequencies of what you've recorded need some tweaking.

If you've close miked the vocals for example, then they'll have too much bottom end and sound dark. If that's the case, then maybe all the track needs is for you to reduce some of the lower frequencies. Go into Cool parametric EQ, and try reducing some of the lower frequencies, maybe 100 Hz and below. Experiment with the Q, depending on which frequency you're working with.

Practive a bit more this song and record it again... To my hear, the flow is weird (It doesn't follow the beat... yes but no... anyway...)

My two cents,
Beathoven

Also...

... you could turn the volume of the beat a bit.

Vocals sound too loud compared too the beat.

Beathoven

my mic..

ok i got a Cobolt Co7......

i don't know if it's a good mic or not but the guy at Mars Music said it doesnt distort and gives low feedback on high vocals...i dunno

i'll be gettin the sm58 shortly anyway

I searched the net and didn't find anything about your microphone... Buying a new microphone is good idea maybe. An SM57 or SM58 from Shure would do the trick.

Beathoven

(P.S.: Goddamn!!! First time I answer a question!!! :D)

Bass Response on the Drum

Just out of curiosity.. what are you using for your percussion.. I noticed the bass drum was nice and solid.. could you list your current equipment? Seems that I always have trouble getting a nice heavy but not too loud or dead bass sound...

Thanks

Charon

Back