FOR ALL YOU PRO'S - help me pick a computer setup

tool

HI,
I need your advice on the best set up I an get pro sounding demos, also Im very picky about my distortion-so something I could use to better shape dist.

heres what I have,
-ROLAND 1680- yup thats it.....................

so what kind of computer should I get (specs)
-sound cards
-software
-hardware

As a non-pro

Greetings,

As someone who has been hanging around here for a while, I have seen what the usual response from the "pros" would be:(actually, the word pro is very subjective)

What do you want to record?
How many tracks at once?
How much money you got?
What do you know?
What equipment do you have?

Answer those and someone might be able to help you out
Oh ,and searching this BBS will help you out

SirRiff

hello,

I want to record DEFTONES to SYSTEM OF A DOWN to MARILYN MANSONS "coma white album" type of riffs.

Ill only need to record 1 track at a time.but each song will have 10 tracks all together at the most, but like I said, Ill only record a track at a time.
eventually though about, 3 or 4 tracks at a time.

as far as money goes, Id like to use my 1680 in the setup,
and the computer,well companys these days have great payment plans on pooters so ill get whatever I need.
as far as other software and hardware......ouch...I dont have alot of money to spend.....BUT..I dont want to buy gear Ill have to just replace in the next year or so....Ill prolly buy alot of it used...but if i need to spend the extra cash to get what I need I will have to I guess.

What I want is to make great sounding demos......I have no problem recording great sounding clean and aucoustic sounds.
but my DISTORTION SUCKS.

I want something that I can better take my shitty sounding distortion riffs and shape and tweak them how I want.

Back