Focusrite Trackmaster Pro Vs. Presonus Eureka

Zthom

Any thoughts on these preamps? I currently have an ART pro MPA and am looking for a solid state alternative.

The Eureka has a bit better depth of field and I thought it was a bit more versatile. I just havent really gotten a lot out of the Focurite lower line stuff that I liked. Its all usable, but in a comparison, I like the Eureka better. I tried the Focusrite when I got the crazy idea to replace my board and go with the all digital setup. It didnt sound as good as the pres in my Ghost whereas the Eureka was closer. As an aside, I like the MPA better than both. Kept the Ghost.

IMO the Eureka is way overpriced for what it is. It's compressor is ok, it's eq is ok, and it's pre is ok but that's about as much as I can say about it. I've had lots and lots of cheap pres and even did a shoot out amongst the cheap pre's(hoping like hell the Eureka would win) and the only thing it beat out was my cheap behringer pres that I never use. I quickly realized I payed 500 bucks for something that my Joe Meek 3Q beats the hell out of and that's only a 200 preamp(with eq and compression). Don't let it's pretty knobs and fascia fool you.

all i know is that a LOT of people trash the low-end fousrite stuff

i guess don't bother w/ them unless you're going for something in the ISA line

I just got my mitts on a twintrack pro and it's a nice step up for me. The variable impedance has made my rode mikes smoother than ever... It may be that it's new but for a 'home recording budget' it sounds great to me! :p

Back