Focusrite saffire

Neotrix

So today, I went to GC. Orignally, I wanted to get Lexicon Omega Studio, since it's a USB. However, my bro called me and he said I actually had Firewire the whole time!
That being said, that completly changed the whole plan. I asked the salesperson what Interface I should get (A audio/midi interface with 2 XLR inputs), and he suggested a Focusrite Saffire.
After some thinking, I bought it anyway, since I really needed a interace.

So what do you think about focusrite saffire? Good deal? etc.

Any response would be appreciated
Thx

Neotrix said:
So today, I went to GC. Orignally, I wanted to get Lexicon Omega Studio, since it's a USB. However, my bro called me and he said I actually had Firewire the whole time!
That being said, that completly changed the whole plan. I asked the salesperson what Interface I should get (A audio/midi interface with 2 XLR inputs), and he suggested a Focusrite Saffire.
After some thinking, I bought it anyway, since I really needed a interace.

So what do you think about focusrite saffire? Good deal? etc.

Any response would be appreciated
Thx

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=159986&highlight=saffire

I think there is a design flaw with the Focusrite Saffire. The headphone output is low powered and completely useless. Even with both the monitor and headphone levels maxed out the headphone mix is not loud enough. There is another post on this site concerning this and Focusrite has addressed it in a round about manner on their website. They say it's designed that way and if it's not loud enough for you buy a separate headphone amp.

Back