Focusrite ISA One.....what do you think?

Octava219

I need a preamp for my new microphone. It is Neumann TLM49. I have been using Presonus preamps but I really wanna upgrade. GC recommends this ISA One as a professional but affordable mic preamp. I am using this for VO. I was hoping some folks here might have some experience with this piece of equipment and could give me some insight and advice. Thanks!

The ISA is in an entirely different league - A different universe - than the Craptinum series stuff (which I still can't believe Focusrite even put their name on). That said, I've not been thrilled with the stuff over the last decade or so. It's certainly not bad - But it's not like "the old stuff" was for whatever reason.

Hard to go wrong with it though if you really need the extra circuitry on the way in... If you don't, there are (what I would consider) more flexible options in the same price range...

The ISA is in an entirely different league - A different universe - than the Craptinum series stuff (which I still can't believe Focusrite even put their name on). That said, I've not been thrilled with the stuff over the last decade or so. It's certainly not bad - But it's not like "the old stuff" was for whatever reason.

Hard to go wrong with it though if you really need the extra circuitry on the way in... If you don't, there are (what I would consider) more flexible options in the same price range...

Massive...Where's the link?

:cool:

Back