Foam and accessories, in the UK!

goldfish

Ok, so, I have a practice room in a rather old and decrepid part of a house which is used nearly every weekend for band practice. It transpires that over the years its been used for this, tiles in the bathroom upstairs are starting to come loose, so water drips down into the room below if someone has a bath. Kinda scary in the middle of a practice and you suddely see water pouring down the side of the wall. And appart from anything the room sounds awful anyway, everything bouncing all over the place turning it into a mess of noise.

So, anyway, ive had a look at foambymail.com, looks fine and dandy (if a little expensive). What kind of foam can I get away with using, and where on earth can i find a website/company that will ship me my foam over in the UK.

I checked out, to dampen one surface in the room, it would cost us about £99 with foambymail, using some sheets, and a corner block. Which is rather too much if you ask me.

Whats the minimum I can get away with when dampening the room, with my ultra tight budget?

How can I cut all this down to a

Acoustic treatment is expensive stuffs. Foambymail is considered dirt cheap! Hey, even some third world country guy like me can cough up some money to get them...

However, acoustic treatment can be cheap as well if you go the DIY route and use some fiberglass board or rockwool. Make a search on this site on these terms... lotsa info!

Good luck!

Back