Flexible Pair of Headphone monitors <$100

DRMS_7888

I am looking for a pair of headphone monitors that I will use for live, recording, and mixing. I want closed back (for recording drums and whatnot), something that really cancels out background noise.

What positive results have you gotten with headphones under $100?

I should mention that right now I have Sony V150's. They work ok, but I can't really track drums properly because I can't hear the music in the headphones. They work fine for guitar/voice though.

Good closed-back headphones under $100:

Audio Technica ATH-M40fs
Sennheiser HD-280

I would advise against mixing on headphones, as would most folks in the know.

Well, I can't afford studio monitors as of yet... So, it would either be the headphones or my computer speakers.

another vote for the Sennheiser's...I love 'em. Low impedance (not as low as the sony's though) and a very tight fit on your head keeping a lot of sound out. I've even worn them once as semi-ear plugs :p

DRMS_7888 said:
Well, I can't afford studio monitors as of yet... So, it would either be the headphones or my computer speakers.

Well, you're going to need headphones for tracking, so get some. You can attempt mixing using a combination of headphones and computer speakers, but save up for some monitors. You'll probably end up re-mixing stuff that you do on headphones/comp speakers once you get the monitors and can actually hear what is going on with your music, though.

I have the MoreMes also. Harvey is a good guy and takes care of his customers. I dont have mych to compare the headphones too but they work great for me. And for the price its darn hard to beat...

Good luck

Back