Fletcher...

ambi

You own Mercenary Audio, correct?

I live in Canada and want to order an RNP and RNC in the near future and i was wondering if you ship these to Canada (i'm on Vancouver Island, near Vancouver) and if you do, if you know of any incredible duty fee's or extra boarder charges or anything like that?

Have you shipped things to Canada before, and if so did they tack on a bunch of extra charges?

The RNP and RNC are really hard to find in Canada and i think they charge an arm and a leg for them. I think if i could find an RNP it would be more than an RNP and RNC from you together, plus some.

Thanks!

"International Orders: Mercenary Audio welcomes international customers to browse and shop on-line with certain limitations and restrictions. Mercenary Audio will not collect any import taxes and or duties that your government might impose on products shipped from the United States. Please verify (in advance) what these duties might entail and make the appropriate arrangements with your local government. We will only ship "freight collect" to countries outside of North America.

Also, please note that webstore shipping prices do not apply outside of the United States. International customers must call or e-mail for a quote. There are also some countries where certain MFG's won't let you get stuff from us. Sorry, nothing we can do about it ...and that's that."

from the FMR site, heres a list of Canadian dealers

CANADIAN DEALERS
Annex Pro
1250 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1M4
(604) 682-6639

Ontario Staging Ltd
78 Mack Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M1L1M9
877-69STAGE

ambi said:
You own Mercenary Audio, correct?

Not entirely... I own a piece of it, but I'm not "the owner"... I'm more of the 'frontman' [stems from having very little of what one could consider 'a life' and marginally decent typing skills]...

... and while we're here... as noted, there are some places to get the critters in Canada... but for future reference... I'm not sure where Vancouver Island is... but if it's near the US border it's a kinda common practice for those who live near the border to get 'mail drops' inside the US.

When they have a something coming, they have it sent to their US address... drive down, throw it in the trunk of their car and drive home.

If that's inconveninet... FedEx is the least hassle with shipments to Canada if the US Post isn't an option. From what I understand UPS is a serious pain in the ass to Canada... [but realize, I'm not in the shipping department... though I've heard the shipping dudes bitch and moan during our regular Friday afternoon "cocktail hour"].

Ok, so it took 4 posts to say it...but the important thing is I got the man the information he needed......

on the other hand, you took up 5 posts to basically give ZERO information, and pretty much have no use.......

(other than making me laugh my ass off :D)

Vancouver island is across the way from Vancouver. i live on the absolute furthest point of the island, which is technically over the boarder into the US, but we count it as Canada. And Vancouver is quite close. It would be a hassle to drive over, but i know a person who lives near me who also has a house in Seattle, and they go back and forth. I could get it shipped to him and he could take it across, so he doesn't have to claim it? They don't make him pay duty fee's?

That would be nice. If that worked it would be a lot cheaper than buying it in canada/getting it shipped here.

ambi said:
I could get it shipped to him and he could take it across, so he doesn't have to claim it? They don't make him pay duty fee's?

Well... it should be claimed... but if you lose the paperwork, throw it in the trunk and don't think about it again... it's a pretty common practice for those that make regular border crossings. The reality is that it is 'cheating'... but it's not like you're smuggling Heroin or large scale shipments or terrorists... if you catch my drift...

couldn't i just tell them that it was a gift, or that i had previously purchased it in canada and i was taking it with me to use? And conviniently use the receipt?

Yea i guess i could smuggle er.

Ah another good point. Yea i could sell some pot and make money but then again i don't think they let you have recording gear in jail so i'll play it safe and poor.

I will work something out. I'll check the prices on the dealer in Vancouer and also try and find out the exact duty fee's on things being sent to Canada from the US. I'll decide which is best.

Re: Re: Fletcher...

Fletcher said:
I've heard the shipping dudes bitch and moan during our regular Friday afternoon "cocktail hour"].

I have been there for cocktail hour, and the cocktails are very good... Its the after cocktail hour that get you...

regards Fletcher.. I hope you are well.

Back