Flat Earth

kip4

looking for 4 string bass strings.
Uk based
full scale
must be flatwounds
and affordable.

Had a look around the usual places and the prices have gone completely ridiculous since I changed them last.
Please reccomend something for me.

Cheers

How much is affordable? I was looking over at Thomann's UK and they've got a few low priced sets - there's a set of Fender strings for £27 and some Harley Bentons for £15.30. I don't mind paying £35-40 for my La Bella & Fender strings here in the States.

I like the sound of round wound bass strings, but I hate the squeaks and after playing for a while, my fingertips are sore. I found a compromise in "ground wound" strings. I put D'Addario XL ERN71 Half Round strings on my Peavey bass. Great sound and smooth playing. Since the last set of strings were on there for about 15 years, the cost wasn't a big issue for me. I spend more replacing the strings on my regular guitars in a year.

Amazon UK has them listed for £25.85.

I'm a round-wounder, though I did put some La Bella flats on my Yamaha project bass for one song, then switched them up for Fender rounds.

Not cheap, Thomastik flatwounds. They last a long, long time and soundwise these are among the best I tried.

Bass strings are just more expensive these days. Even the cheap Musicians Gear ones had crept from $7 to $10 a pack (before they stopped stocking the ones I use entirely)

Back