Flash card capacity?

gmiller1122

Addled but happy
Some units come with the 128 MB flash card -- I've heard this is around 60 mins. BUT, does that include all tracks? That is, if you have 5 tracks at 5 mins. each, that's 25 minutes -- so will a 128 MB card only hold two simple songs?

OR do the tracks get saved on a hard drive, THEN you mix down to the card?

While we're on it, the units w/ a 20 gig hard drive don't seem to have a USB port. How do you get tracks onto your pc, then? Through the RCA jacks? Or do you burn through the optional CDW, then pop it in your CD? AND if so, can you burn separate tracks from the unit (say, the VF 160) so that you have them as separate wav. files?

Jeesh, so many friggin' questions....

Thanks,
G
:confused:

time

128 card will hold about 1 three min song with 6 or7 tracks , thats it, you can get a card reader that isnt usb....... mybe scsi

Thanks, Dave. Boy, that ain't much, is it? I'm assuming, then, that you either buy a lot of 128 cards (not very practical!) or you fill it up, transfer it to PC, and re-use indefinitely.

On the same note, a unit like the VF160 with the 20 gig hard drive -- that's like 150 songs of 5-6 tracks each, right? Hmmm...

Oh, the decisions! I think I had an easier time buying my truck ("I like this one" and sign the loan papers! :p )

G

very nice machine

while out of my price range, i got the mr 8, and ntrack recording software for 49.00 now i have 99 tracks and all the editing and efficts i need,

I'm curious --

Can you tell me your exact set-up/process for transferring info from the MR8 to your PC? Thanks.

Download Fostex wav manager from Fostex site. This program imports each track individually for pc mixing. First I create a new folder, open wav manager, pick tracks I want to import to that folder, then move them to my mixing software. If you lose data in mixing software you can always go back to your folder and retrieve original tracks. Wav manager also exports data back to mr8. So you can mix tracks into a wav file and send them back to mr8 on 1 track and use as reference for additional tracks to record. Repeat the process as needed. Instructions come with the program. Good luck Pj

Forgot to add that I have a 256MB card. Combined with pc mixing,and Delete/Unused option, I've yet to run out cf card space. Pj

ditto, 256mb CF card, transferred to PC via USB. 49.00$ N-track on the PC.

It's possible with the 128, but kinda time consuming.

Back