Flag waving monitor display!

ditnoj

Howdy,
It's not recording, but it is computer related!

I've got this wierd thing happening with my monitor...the display looks more or less ok but the whole deal has a rippling effect kind of like a flag in the breeze or mor accurately like it was floating on gently moving water. anybody know anything about this kind of effect?

PS I do not drink, smoke (anything at all), or chew gum and it happens even when it's not the weekend and even when I'm not tired!

Thanks

D out ITNOJ

You got some big ass magnets sitting next to it? How bout a window a/c unit? Either something is causing interference or your monitor is dying a slow and painful death.

My 8 year old Trinitron monitor does something kinda like that when I bump it, and I figure it's life is coming to an end.

Ok,

I've got the two not so potent computer speakers on either side.
Printer to the right... a small regulator to the left and about two feet more to the left the backups unit. No motors, and weak speakers....comments?

D out ITNOJ

Have you tried changing the refresh rate of your monitor?

Has it always done this or just started to?

Does your monitor have a degauss button (although I doubt this will do anything)?

To change the refresh rate, go to control panal, display, settings, advanced, monitor.

Flourecent lights can cause this easy.

Howdy

It just started to do this...

Does a halogen bulb fall anywhere near a flourecent light category?

I will be checking my refresh rate right now

Thanks!

D out ITNOJ

Back