Fixing a Hole (another Beatles cover)

I love the drone in the beginning. The intro is very different from the Beatles but once the band kicks in it sounds like the Beatles.

One minor suggestion would be to utilize double tracking of the voice in certain areas. Like the second time Paul sings, “where it will goooooo,” I’m pretty sure it’s double tracked whereas I can only hear one voice here. This is still very good. Nice job!

I should note that I wasn't aiming for a clone of The Beatles. I was aiming for close, but not exact.

Also, this was a Covid creation. Guitars were recorded in one place, kit in another and all emailed back to me.

I should note that I wasn't aiming for a clone of The Beatles. I was aiming for close, but not exact.

Also, this was a Covid creation. Guitars were recorded in one place, kit in another and all emailed back to me.
Ah, so this was a collab? Who’s doing the vocals? They’re good.

I don't know the song but I agree with CrowsofFritz thaat it sounds like Beatles once the bank kicks. You've nailed that Beatles swing with the piano and drums. Nice job

Loved the intro. Lots of it sounds great -- good vocals and harmonies, and the electric guitar is beautiful for the most part.

The only part I didn't really care for was the guitar solo, actually. The tone in the first half just kind of sounded like a mess, and then it was really rushing on the second half, which hurt the groove, IMO. Other than that, though, I really dug it. Thanks for sharing!

Back