Fix Acoustic Gtr Recording?

Sounds thin and boxy. Best way to "fix" it is to record it again with better positioned and/or quality microphones with a better knowledge of room acoustics...

I'm not sure what you're expecting someone to do... bit of EQ might help, perhaps.

I've recorded it dozens of times and EQed it dozens of different ways. I have a fairly primitive set up. Just wondered if there was anything that could be done. I thought the problem was more on the bassy, boomy side?

Is it going to be mixed with other parts, or does have to stand on it's own? There's a big difference in making it work in a mix, or making it work on it's own and all :)

View attachment 83502

Here you go, just some selective EQ-ing and a little compression. It could use some automated eq-ing if it's to to be used on its own (there's a bit of nastiness in some parts) Nicely played btw :)

I apologize for the late reply. Didn't realize anyone else had responded.

It was originally intended to stand alone. I honestly wanted to try some more experimental stuff with the stereo field, automation, reverb, etc, but then I couldn't get the basic recording right, so I have just been stuck on that. Listening to it again after a while, this particular recording of it sounds kinda thin and trebly. My original recordings I played with no thumb pick, and they sounded awfully bassy and boomy, so much so that they seemed to 'thump' my speakers. I have had so much trouble with mixing and production, so I did a simpler, one instrument recording and have still had problems.

Thanks a lot for your version. It sounds very good. I may go back to some fuller, bassier recordings though. Who knows.

Back