First Video Work,

GazEcc

mBallstát atá tiomanta
Hey guys,

The state are sending me to a course on "Digital Media Production" and basically we're working on a few projects the first one is coming up now soon and I, having a good head on me for sound and not so much a fan of being infront of the camera have been put in charge of sound (and I think they're expecting me to do lighting i don't know yet), I'm mostly working with 2 lads one doing cinematography (hope he gets the lighting job and another lad doing all the video editing (poor lad :P )

Now, the plan of action is fairly handy, since the tutor (a really sound lad) has had experience in video before he has a good head for organising all this but he said his issue was always that the sound sucked and asked if i had a mic to put into his camera (via a 1/8th inch jack) but I want to go one step further and take my background in recording into it so what we've decided to do is make a more professional attempt,

We're sourcing a clapperboard to sync the audio and video and I'll be using 2 SDC's for overheads and a spot mic or two as needed and mixing the scene's we're keeping using cubase to sync the audio and video, then I'm giving those files to the video editor, and then getting the video back to add the sound track. Now the big questions I have,

- Am I doing this arseways? or is there a better way of doing it?
- How would I tackle outdoor recording? I might not be able to get a rifle mic or a pro quality windscreen could I make use of other things? especially the windscreen
- How hard is it to sync lips to audio?
- Are there different frame rates? - I mean I know there are but I don't wanna asume its 29 only to import it to cubase as a 24 and screw it up,
- Am I missing something?

Back