First timer on mp3.com...help.......

gap8u

When I listen to everybody elses stuff (Streaming mp3 on mp3.com) there are no problems but when I try to check out my song on www.mp3.com/gap8u it never plays. Anybody else have this problem...my first time so any secrets? If you do check it out let me know what you think. I realize very "raw" but I enjoyed it! Thanks in advance for any help.

I posted the site and song two days ago and this morning the site came up and everything seemed/said normal until i tried to play the song.

If you can see your song and links to it from your page, it's already been approved, so that's not the problem.

MP3.COM has been having a lot of problems this week. For example, the administration pages have been taken down for hours at a time for maintenance several times this week. :mad:

I had the same exact problem as yours with my new song. I sent an email describing the problem to support@mp3.com (I think), and the problem was fixed within 24 hours.

Good luck!

Charles Thomas

Just as a follow-up, I just visited your site and could listen to your song both as streaming audio and as an mp3 download.

So you may not need to heed the advice above!

Charles Thomas

works now......nice beat...like your voice, but it sounded like it had some kind of effect on it....what did you use to record, who plays what etc.....there seem to be some volume and compression issues...country music is a strange bird for me, I have more fun playing it than listening to it...and while I've written some country songs, I've (as with everything I do) have had problems getting the right percussion sound...I think it would be cool to hear this song done with some kick and cymbals and snare in there...it's raw now but could be cooked just right...a little verb on the vocal would work too...whatever effect you used on it to begin with though, was somehow kinda cool...maybe a mixture of verb and it.....gibs

Yup, worked for me. Thought it was a cool tune with a nice feel to it. Agree there was some weirdness with the mix. The vox worked, but the whole mix had no high end. I wouldn't mind hearing a brighter version, maybe a touch more drums, and a more present guitar solo. Longer too... Good roadhouse feel to it.

The material's cool.

"Muffled" comes to mind on the mix though.
Sounds like an analog tape recording????

Nice effort. :)

This is absolutely the coolest place on the web. Thanx for all the advice, input. Just using an old cheap Casio keyboard with a drum thing on it(line out, not midi)An old chorus pedal on a Les Paul Style Epiphone(rythm and bass?) mixed and recorded on a Sony MDM X4. First recording and ya'll were good sports. Thanx again.

I like it. I don't like country music as a rule, but I really like this song for some reason, I think its the bluesy aspect of it. Can't comment much on the recording because I'm listening to everything lo-fi, but the imperfect recording fits this song. Makes it sound like it was recorded a long time ago. I mean this as a compliment, and I thought the effect on the vocal matched the whole feel of the song perfectly. What the hell is that on your voice? Hey another funny thing, I thought I was the only one who ever used the casio keyboard drums. Used them until recently, then purchased an alesis SR16. Once again, cool song, just kinda hit me the right way. Keep it up. ....Peace...Ray J

Ric was right on when he said muffled. It could use to be brightened up a little. I really don't mind the "low fi" quality for the song. In fact, Ray J's opinion was true for me as well. Cleaned up a litle, this could really be a cool sounding tune.

That's a damn catchy tune -- They should have put that in the movie Gator or Cool Hand Luke -- I liked it..........

Back