first time tracking- problems... help!

mcl116

I tried tracking some guitar for the first time but there were some problems.

First before I even setup an audio track, I could hear everything the microphone was picking up, so how do I get rid of that? The only time I should hear what the mic is picking up is during recording when I arm the track to record and for monitoring, which was not done...

During tracking, the level sounded great through the headphones. The meter was reading just below clipping.

During playback, the level was ridiculously low, I could barely even hear it. The output meter was reading very low as well, and even when I raised the fader for the output volume all the way, it was still ridiculously low, how can I fix this?

I'm using Cubase LE.

Thanks!!

I tried tracking some guitar for the first time but there were some problems.

First before I even setup an audio track, I could hear everything the microphone was picking up, so how do I get rid of that? The only time I should hear what the mic is picking up is during recording when I arm the track to record and for monitoring, which was not done...

During tracking, the level sounded great through the headphones. The meter was reading just below clipping.

During playback, the level was ridiculously low, I could barely even hear it. The output meter was reading very low as well, and even when I raised the fader for the output volume all the way, it was still ridiculously low, how can I fix this?

I'm using Cubase LE.

Thanks!!

need a little more info like what type of mic are you using..and I am not following you about hearing it when the track is not armed if your channel on your interface is not muted you are going to hear it.as far as that goes I'd say that you aren't really having any problems there

Back