first time. nervous.

tvaillan

As mentioned. It's my first time in this clinic. .. surely not the last however.

The song is called Winter Blues.

http://omega.honk.org/~tvaillan

I made this tune this morning. It's straight out of my multi track program. This tune was a 'one pass improv' thing. Gimme some feedback on the sound quality, guitar tone, drums and overall mix. I must admit, I've got knots in my stomach considrering the talent in this place . There's no vocals yet.

The bass had to be done with keyboards. I'm getting a bass soon.
Have a listen .. remember, the mp3 could be much better .. the start is weird. I just need some comments before the vocals are added.

Tristan.

Last edited:
thanks Bruce. fixed the Winter Blues link It worked for me though, I guess it's a browser thing.

Thanks again Bruce.

Tristan

Tristan,

Tasty. Nice guitar playing. I like the guitar tone too. How did you record the guitar? The drums seem a bit strange, a little too electric sounding, BUT its not a big deal because the guitar kept my attention. I'm about to listen to another tune.

I just listened to "Intro", excellent. Listening to "Yeteryear" now,
really good stuff bro, this recording sounds a little different but good tunes. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest later.

peace.

www.mp3.com/samicide

well i can rest now. i didn't get chewed out...yet. thanks for your feedback.

The guitar was recorded without an amp.

Straight from my ibanez into the Korg Toneworks AX1500G (it has a cabinet simulator) into the mixer. (Bass = 50%, Treble=50% and Mids = 60%) I used to have my mids way down .. but thanks to homerecording.com, i'm much wiser.

No effects or 'post processing' at all on Winter Blues.
The drums on Winter Blues are done with PropellerHead Reason. The drums on all the other tunes really suck. They where made with Cakewalk's Session Drummer.

First of all, pretty nice guitar work. Personally, I think the tone is kinda washy - especially the rhythm track. Bass is a little weak. And how about some vox? As far as the drums go - the kick drum rolls are a little much, particularly for this genre. And the varied hi-hat and ride rhythms are kinda cool, but fairly distracting.

This had to be the WORST song I have ever heard in my entire
life!!!! Sheesh!! what kinda' talent do you possess to produce
such a monstrous effort!!?? Pure, utter GARBAGE!!!!!.........

....................................................................................
....................................................................................

..........................................................................................
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

There, feel a lil bit better!!??:D I was just jokin'!!!
The tune is smooth and mellow! Great use of the Gits and subsequent recording of same! Drums a little to harsh,but getting them to sound a lil more warmer s/b no problem with you!
Great job! I enjoyed this jammy!
Good work home-boy! 2 thumbs-up!!!!

Very nice stuff! what home recording equipment ya usin? I will bookmark your page for future listening pleasure!

i now understand that the bass could be more pronounced and the rythm guitar should be 'upped' a litle and I'll aim for a warmer tone. The drums will be fixed. I unfortunately had too much reverb on it. I think cutting the verb will help. we'll see.

Right now, I'm just waiting on an actual bass guitar.

I really respect the opinions and input of anybody on this board. Thank you much. Hopefully the issues will be resolved on the very next tune. I'll repost this one once it's fixed of course.

MISTERQCUE ,

When I started reading your comment, I felt a sinking feeling and i think something burst in my stomach. I was thinking to myself: "Man, I know the sound could be better but holy crap this is brutal!

Good job! :-)

Nice tune, reminded me of Ocean Colour Scene's 'River Boat Song' with a bit of Ram Jams 'Black Betty' (Correct band name???).

Nice Guitar work!

Back