First time for everything

cwillu

Well, here's my first contribution. I finally got around to recording something, not much, but oh well... I only started it last night, so there isn't much to it yet.

It's not available in stores, but you can get it fat-free, regular or extra greasy at the good ol' www.idrive.com , user name is cwillu (big surprise, eh?)... visit the idrive, don't log into it, afterall, I didn't give you the password, did I? :)

Thanks in advance to anyone who has anything to say.

William Underwood

[This message has been edited by cwillu (edited 02-25-2000).]

You don't need the password... you want to visit the idrive, not log into it. Thanks for the effort though, gibs

[This message has been edited by cwillu (edited 02-25-2000).]

I got the 256 version and it got my POD all excited. I thought you could've gotten a lot more volume overall while preserving dynamic range and I went through a rather lengthy experiment consuming hundreds of MBs to prove it. Yep: it can get a lot louder, still sound clean and have plenty of dynamic range.

I tried the 128 version and it too is low in volume. It's also in mono, was that intentional? I really like the pad in the background, it sets a mood for the piece which unfortunately made me depressed! Well done though. I hate to ask, but is it finished? Will there be vocals or other instrumentation?

Nice chording/augmentation....a bit on the long side...got the feeling you were trying to resolve something that isn't resolved....

Doc: I'll work on the volume, that'll be better for the next take.

CMiller: Ya, I'll be adding a bass line of some sort, some vocals or a lead of some kind, and (forgive me) some light canned drums.

gibs: Ya, I was thinking it was a bit long... oh well, I'm not the one who has to download it. :) The arrangment will probably change once I try to add some vocals, depending on how active my imagination is when I record them, which will probably shorten it up a bit.

Thanks for your comments

William Underwood

cwillu, interesting teaser. Depending on what you come up with this could be the basis for a very engaging song. The rest could change the character completely. How's that for a little pressure but it sounds like you have the ability. Nice start!

Waiting with baited breath, (no thats not sardins).

Layth

Back