First song second try! Any form of crit welcome...

MightyPOOsticK

Hey guys....this is my first song....but the second attempt at getting a decent recording of it.

Any suggestions? Mixwise...songwritingwise...anything!

Recorded drums with 3 mic's....guitars with a line 6 pod...and bass direct...

I don't have any knowledge on mixing so I'd enjoy some help with that area.

Thanks for listening!!!

-Paul

it sounds GREAT!!!!

No seriously, you may need to actually include the song as a part of the recording evaluation process. Just a lil suggestion.

Well I liked that pan thing at the beginning, that static/feedback thing sounds neat.

The beat is strong but the guitars need to have a bit more growl to really bring it out. Maybe it's levels or distortion not sure but they seemed just a tad subdued.

I would also check the tuning just sounded a tad out at the end of the song.

I wanna hear the version with vox when they're ready.

Thanks for the reply khom!

I dunno about vocals...hehe...I can't exactly sing. I'll work on getting my guitar sound better.

Thanks again!

I like the beginning too.

The kick could use a little low-mids cut out, it is a little boxy. The snare needs to be a little crisper. It would then play nice with the guits. The boxyness of the drums / cymbals seperate them from the guitar tracks too much. Might want to lower the drum tracks a little to let the guits breathe a little more.

Maybe a little verb on the snare and toms. This would probably help them sit in the mix better too.

Your timing is really good. It gels musically, just need to get the mix, and vox!

Drums might be clipping in spots and the buzz from the amps is terrible.Guitar sound needs work.Take an hour or two everyday for about a week and really fuck with the sound.The end is cut off in an unruly manner.Drums aren't miced real well.I don't like unfinnished songs posted.Be a man and get some vox on there!Less drums and more guitars in the mix.

The feedback thing was cool...

W.I.S.C. said:
Drums might be clipping in spots and the buzz from the amps is terrible.Guitar sound needs work.Take an hour or two everyday for about a week and really fuck with the sound.The end is cut off in an unruly manner.Drums aren't miced real well.I don't like unfinnished songs posted.Be a man and get some vox on there!Less drums and more guitars in the mix.

The feedback thing was cool...

What do you think is wrong with the mic'ing of the drums?

Back