first song from my new studio I am liking

Walter Tore

This is the first song from my new studio that I liked the way it sounds. I am getting back on the right road. I have gone from a 12'x12' space with 6' ceilings to a 26'x26' space with 9.5 ceilings. My first recordings in the new space were too bright, lacking depth to my ears. On this mornings session I used a different plate on the universal audio emt reverb plugin, seperated the snare and ride cymbal with the bass drum (with a big blanket over it). I also used a neve 1081 eq on the vocal/harp mic vs. the pultec pro eq I have been using for the past year or so. My freind Mark Rubenstien is coming by soon to help me treat the room. Mark has engineered for many superstars and he now lives just a few minutes down the road once again. Right now the room is sheet rock walls, ceiling, and concrete floors with throw rugs. Luckily I play real quiet.
This song is a blue one. I really like the way it sounds and the song itself. These slow simple ones are about my favorites. Walter

here are a couple from my new studio

I am a lone ranger - new setup from this morning

I traded an alien a flat harp for his spaceship - from a couple days ago

Certainly unique set-up, great harp and vocal. The groove ebbs and flows. Interesting, enjoyed watchin it.

thanks PDP. If you watched it, it was from my old studio. the soundclick and myspace have my recorded music. All my words and music are spontaneously created, so there are always ebbs, flows, mis hits, etc. I dig it this way. It is raw, and honest. Polishing stuff isn't my thing, but capturing the live sound intriques me to no end. Walter

here is the song I was talking about

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9766829

Al;ien/flat harp is cool Walter.
It's a bright recording - not much coming from the bass drum.
Interesting panning of the guitar.

Al;ien/flat harp is cool Walter.
It's a bright recording - not much coming from the bass drum.
Interesting panning of the guitar.

i agree it is all way too bright. This batch was my first in my new studio. The lone ranger song is my latest and more to my liking.

Back