First song-critique

Honestly, if this your first tune, I'm very impressed man.

a) I like the song
b) well performed
c) decently mixed

I'm surprised how well you mixed this down, since you said you've had very little practice. Very good work.

A tip I'll give when you're doing vocals is watch that really bassy sound you get from your mike when you say your "p's" and your "c's". It blows air onto the capsule and shakes the mic. It sounds a little weird in the mix.

A good way to counteract this, is with an coathanger, and a pair of your mom's or wife's nylons or pantyhose(I'm sure this sounds completely absurd at the moment haha).

Open up the hanger and make a circle about 7"-8" wide, and use the rest to make a handle.

Stretch the pantyhose over top of that circle, and you are basically creating the worlds cheapest "pop shield". Sure it might get rid of some high's in your vocals, but hey, it solves the problem by allowing the air to disspate before it hits the mic.

Just hold your pop shield in between your mouth and your mic when you sing, and your problems will disappear.

Thanks for this wonderful tune man.

Thanks man. Funny you mention that pop shield thing because I was thinking of a way to do that.

A question. Can someone recommend a fairly cheap editing software package I could get? There's mix down capabilities on the recorder but it's quite a chore to work with them. The recorder lets me either bounce all the tracks to a stereo/mono wav file, or I can upload each track individually as a wav file. I'd rather upload each track individually to the computer and do the mixdown with the software. I figure it would just be easier to adjust things with a mouse and a screen rather than doing it on the tiny lcd screen on the recorder.

Of course any more comments are welcome. Thanks

Really Really nice.

Just a little pop shield advice, I made one that lasted me years out of a wire coat hanger and our lasses tights! She was well pleased about that!.

Other than echoing Packratlouie (actually i just flicked back to check his name spelling and read the bit about the coathanger and tights (pantyhose) lmao - there u go, the seasoned pro's eh?? - thought id leave this in)

Anyway, brill guitar sound, nice vocal, great song and nice mix. What more is there to say.

Dee

The acoustic sounds good but too with the voice though. There's some conflict in there to my ears. Pretty song though! Just fix up some mixing and I think you got your first one just right!! :)

Back