first mp3 post

tvanveen

Hi, I've been lurking and occasionally posting for about a year, working on my recording "skills", trying to progress.

Up until this point me and my band have just done straight up recordings of our rehearsals, totally live, no overdubs, but next month we'll actually sit down and try to bang out some decent recordings. Before we do so I thought I'd post one of our mp3's here -

I just want to make sure before we get in to this that I'm not making any huge glaring errors...I know I'm susceptible to forest-for-trees complex. :)

I definitely hear a lot of things I want to work on, but I'd be interested in hearing what you guys think. Gulp.

Thanks!

Tom
Boxcar Collision
http://www.myspace.com/boxcarcollision

This could be good Tom. Won't comment on the production as it's just a rough live take, as you said. Two points to watch it strikes me are guitar tuning (it is a little off, esp. the one panned left) and the snare playing seems overdone and with that military style in the chorus (?) not really in keeping with the song. It's hard to comment on the vox as they are so far back, there seems to be a nice Lucinda Williams type thing going on but you might want to find a way to lift the melody a bit.

Look forward to hearing your recordings.

Garry

Hard to know what to say I can't hear the singer...

Could you turn up the vocal and then post it again?

I probably mixed it a little low cuz everything bleeds into that mic, but I'll see if I can bring it up a bit.

Thanks.

Ok, sorry for not gettng back to you sooner, but I had a couple of tracks corrupted on that one.

Anyway, different song, same request -

Thanks!

tv

Back