first mp3 post, brutalize me... not too much

Hissy...clipping...way too much 'verb....no bass sound....but even with the overuse of 'verb, yer voice has really excellent angst, and the tune kept me wantin' to listen.....possible ways to improve the sound?...noise reduction, less 'verb, a bass sound, and some beats, even if it's a casio keyboard.....although something like http://www.fruityloops.com is a really good source of drums sounds.....you can record to your 4 track from your computer's fruityloop program, then add your other trax as usual....yer voice reminds me of someone, can't think....the lyrics I could make out were cool too...the whole thing needs to be heard by other people like you hear it in yer head, which is why recording technique is really important, and detail counts........lottsa potential for this tune....gibs

Uh...despite your attempt at negative publicity, the song did NOT suck ass.

I liked it a lot. Kind of like Nilsson on LSD. Your $70 Tascam sounds better than my $199 Oktava MK-319.

I agree with Gibs; tone down on the reverb a bit. I kind of feel...well...this is your unique sound. Anything else would just kind of detract from it. Mabye add some noise reduction, but keep everything else the way it is.

Really trippy. Really nice.

Hey thanks for the responses. Taming the verb wouldn't be such a bad idea, and noise reduction, well yeah. :) Gibs, though I see what you mean, I'm not sure that this particular song would benefit from percussion necessarily. For other stuff, I'll keep that program in mind. Helpful stuff though.

Thanx.
-Jett Rocker

Good chaos with musical melody. I thought it was cool.
Good job. I enjoyed reading your bio, as well. I hope that someday you will get your nut back. hehe
bobbo

Back