first mp3 in 12 mos...for a tribute album - please evaulate

ruebarb

so here's the history -

I'm a big fan of Bill Mallonee - and the Vigilantes of Love, and we on his fanlist are doing a fan tribute album...

and this was my fav. song of his (a Jack Keourac tribute to desolation angels) - and I covered it in an stylin acoustic way, but I'm not sure it's good enough.....

there's a couple flubs, and I wish it had more bass...but it's a 4 hr. thingy - mostly live but for a couple things, and I just wanna submit it on Mon. if it's good enough -

so please listen with a critical ear and reflect comments back...I made one change this week, and can make a couple more if I get some good feedback that I think is good...

here's the URL - a bit unpublished, so please don't spread it --

Bill Mallonee Tribute - Vigilantes of Love

ps...it's a bit hard to come by, but if you dig the songwriting, I recommend Audible Sigh - from 1999 -

pax
RB

I would open the backing vocals in stereo and take the slide guitar panned to right with some silky reverb on it. The mix is good to my ears but lacks a stereo image. I might have also add a bit more highs to the acoustic.
I think the slide part should get closer in the overall image. Nice performance.

Back