First mix with my new KRKs...

mwthompson

Croisaandwich
I initially posted this in the wrong forum, so for those of you who're seeing it twice, my apologies!

This is the first verse and chorus of a new song I'm working on called "Monochrome." I'm a one man band, so this is all me.

Let me know what you think about the mix and/or performance. I still have no room treatments... that's a project for next payday. Soon.

Many thanks,

-Mike

I like the tune. The bass is a bit low and the ryth. guitar is a bit high to start. Very crisp sound I have to say. I'd like to have the lead vocals a bit more upfront, it tend to drift out at times, maybe some compression.Explain your signal chain and instrumentation if you would:)

Cool stuff, your voice reminds me of Sting. Sounds good though. The bass could use a bit more bass to it. Drums could be doing quite a bit more than just the same thing over and over and over and over and... well, you get the point. Good start.

I also have KRKs. I have the KRK Rokit 5s.

The bass is a bit low and the ryth. guitar is a bit high to start. Very crisp sound I have to say. I'd like to have the lead vocals a bit more upfront, it tend to drift out at times, maybe some compression.Explain your signal chain and instrumentation if you would:)

Thanks! It sounds boomier here, my monitoring situation is better now, but I still need to treat my listening area.

vocals:MXL V63M mic through an ART Tube MP Studio into my Presonus Inspire interface, some compression and eq (Reaper built-in effects)
bass: direct with some compression and eq (Reaper built-in effects)
guitar: direct with Amplitube (one track clean, one track distortion)
drums: natural studio ns_kit drum samples
a bit of Freeverb on everything except the bass. backup vocals (2 more parts) have more reverb and also using the "ozzifier" effect in Reaper.

Cool stuff, your voice reminds me of Sting. Sounds good though. The bass could use a bit more bass to it. Drums could be doing quite a bit more than just the same thing over and over and over and over and... well, you get the point. Good start.

I also have KRKs. I have the KRK Rokit 5s.

:) That's my quick "blank canvas" beat. I'll redo the drum track "live" with my pads towards the end.

I got my Rokit 5s Friday. So far, I'm very pleased. They seem very nice.

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate it. :)

-Mike

Back