First mix with my new KRKs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwthompson

Croisaandwich
I'll start by saying my new Rokit 5s are so much better to mix with than my home stereo speakers. :p

This is the first verse and chorus of a new song I'm working on called "Monochrome." I'm a one man band, so this is all me.

Let me know what you think about the mix and/or performance. I still have no room treatments... that's a project for next payday. Soon.

Many thanks,

-Mike

I really like the guitar tone. Stratocaster? Vocals sound good, especially the harmonies. Maybe a bit bright/dry for my tastes... but sound good for the song.

Sound great, I mix on headphones right now... I'm either gonna get some KRK 5's/6's or Wharfedale 8.2a monitors. How do you like your KRK 5's?

I really like the guitar tone. Stratocaster? Vocals sound good, especially the harmonies. Maybe a bit bright/dry for my tastes... but sound good for the song.

Sound great, I mix on headphones right now... I'm either gonna get some KRK 5's/6's or Wharfedale 8.2a monitors. How do you like your KRK 5's?

That's my custom shop strat running direct with Amplitube. After I've completely arranged the song I will most likely redo the guitar tracks with my Dr. Z amp.

I really like the 5's, they seem to help. These are my first monitors, so I don't have much to compare them with, but my brother and sister in law heard commented on how my recent mixes sound "professional" to them compared to the old stuff. They literally made an overnight improvement in my mixes. Hopefully my room treatments will be as significant once I'm done with them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back