First EDM Tune--Thoughts?

Auralaxiom

Hey all, so a few of you know what I typically do (orchestral stuff) so this is waaaaay beyond me. I found myself with a bit of free time last week--quite the rarity these days--and decided I needed to start getting more into synths. I've obviously used them before, but mostly just pads to support string lines. So here is the result of that. About half were programmed by me, while the other half are presets that I messed around with a bit.

I'm curious to know what you think, both in terms of the synths as well as the mix. I'm not used to mixing this hot--orchestral tracks aren't super compressed--but I tried to get it as loud as I could without it sounding over compressed.

https://soundcloud.com/auralaxiom/its-go-time

I'm not an expert in EDM, but it sounds good to me. Good melody for the synths, and I like the arppegiated synth at the end - kicks it up a notch.

Wow, sounds as good as anything I heard out there. Nice solid bass thump without rumble, nice little tunes going on in the background. I'm not expert, but I think this could work for the dance floor.

Nice stuff.

Back