First Chill Song Ever

I like really like the song as well as the over all feel it has. It's got a melody that sticks with you. The recording is pretty darn good. The only thing I 'might' do would be to bring up the vocals a little bit.

Nice work!

This is my new song guys. It's not what I normally play but it's chill. Tell me how the mix is. I need any help possible. How do the lyrics fit the song too? Thanx. Years On the Road.http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=695668&content=music

Nice song! I agree with ezchair pickin', the vocal needs to pop more. Maybe just an EQ tweak. You have a nice voice, no need to bury it. I think the lyrics fit the music. The music is in a minor key, and sort of melancholy, and the lyric seems to fit the same description, for what I can hear.
I this this song is very good as it stands, but with some strategically placed additions to the instrumentation, it could be great. At the very least some strings, or sustaining electric distorted guitar notes. This song could be an excersize in building a sparse song in a sparse way. Build build build! Take us someplace!

Good work!

~Shawn

I'm going to jump on the vocal bandwagon on this one. Very nice vocal performance. I too would like to hear it brought up or brought out to the front a little more somehow. Nice recording. :)

I like the vox where they are.
Stay chilled - it does suggest development but resist the temptation & leave it be.

i think the vox are fine at these levels, but I agree that for as long a song as it is, you could build it up a little as it goes along. great job

Do you think I should mic my foot tapping and add it to the mix. Probably every quarter note. Also a galloping snare with brushes? What do you guys hear that you feel is missing? Just wondering. It's always nice to get others opinions. Thanks guys.

Do you think I should mic my foot tapping and add it to the mix. .

It might be genius or it might be stupid.:D McCartney sure pulled it off in Blackbird, so it might be worth a shot.

Very nice music, well done. I agree that the vox can come up, Its a very mellow, relaxing listen.:cool:

I wasn't thinking about blackbird. Now that you said that i kinda don't want to. I'm sure there will be plenty of people that will link the two songs like you did. When poele listen to my music, I want them to think of my music, not "Wow, that guy sounds just like________." Maybe I'll pass on the foot stomps. Thanks

I have now added a snare with the the "train" style playing and some cymbals. Came out good but have minor adjustments to do before posting.

Really fantastic song. Definite chill.

I do agree that the vocals should come up a bit. There are some good harmonies in there but since they're a little low volume-wise, it forces me to listen harder than I normally would while chilling... :)

Back