first cd i engineered and produced

neadam

this is a compilation mp3 of the first album i did of a local praise band last year. I'm curious on anyones feedback, it's only 128kbps mp3, and adversely affects the highs, but should give a good idea, about 3megs.
Thanks so much for any comments :)

or www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Sands/2008/

and go to open hand

Livin' in Pittsburg is like livin' in Springfield on the Simpsons...invariably when people ask for a zip code on the phone they ask what's the zip there in Pennsylvania...I guess they can't see that the "H" isn't there over the phone...lol...gibs :D

even worse, it is generally the surrounding cities that can't seem to remember the fact that there is no "h" when they are printing, mailing, anything!
way off topic here :) :)

What was the equipment you used....did you use any dubbing or was it recorded live...did it represent their live performances...it had a "packaged" feel to it, and I don't mean the recording, just the way it was performed on their end...the music, not being my cuppa tea pretty much sounded all alike, a bit robotic...but I think that's the performers, not the recording.....the recording was good...gibs

if i told you the gear i used to record it, noone would download
it for fear of how it *should* sound :) As for the band, they're
really a pretty dynamic band live, and if it sounds packaged, it's
probably due to my personal recording limitations and inexperience :)
As for sounding alike, there really is a fairly limited # of
instruments in the band, so i overdubbed a few guitars on some
songs to beef it up a bit, but that's really about all.
Thanks for the comments though, and any and all more will be
greatly appreciated :)
By the way gibs, i just noticed where you're from, i'm from
Pittsburg, Kansas. :) if one of us just changed states, we could
collaborate-

Back