First Boray tune in 7 months! Take a listen...

I've never seen you do anything except come here every couple of months announcing your meaningless position on some meaningless chart.

Have you ever commented on anyone else's tunes on this site???? No.

Then why should anyone give you the time of day?

Even though I'm not so ignorant as to believe it actually means anything, I've had a few No.1's on Soundclick, too......No thanx to you. :rolleyes:

The drums have a pretty muffled sound to them. The squier sounds pretty muddy as well, though I like the kind of distortion you got going on for the heavy chords. The song is very repetitive and I am not exactly sure whats so progressive about it. I like the xylophone/bright piano sounding thing that came in towards the end. The drum panning makes the mix feel very unbalanced to me. Solid performance.

This tune is now #4 on Soundclick's progressive rock chart. But not thanks to you! ;)
It certainly isn't because of the song either. Anyhow, it's not saying much for the Soundclick's chart.

The distortion is horrible, the timing in the song is the only thing that the song has going for it and that is probably because of a metronome. The song says nothing and is redundant.

Add some words, clean up the distortion, retrack the drums and add a new melody line for a bridge. In other words start over.

See ya. :rolleyes:

Weird. I don't get it. I can understand if he told me to fuck off, because I didn't comment on his music, simply because I didn't bother listening to it.

But 2 other people in this thread commented directly on the music itself, and he's still taking his ball and going home like a little baby. Oh, I see...I guess you all should have simply told him how great he is...keep feeding his delusion.

Last edited:
hmmm... well, i have listened to a lot of this guys stuff from perusing the vs planet site in the past.

i dont think it sucks at all, and in fact have recorded much, much worse sounding stuff (not musical content, but sound quality) that still impressed the hell out of a few folks. then again, i have a track or three that i thought exemplified my current mastery of multi-track recording that another small set of folks thought nearly unlistenable (music content, not sound quality).

that said, this tune is a bit self-indulgent, wouldnt you say? hey, works for john scofield! at one scofield show i attended (of many), he remarked about what a sausage party it was, lol. crowd was probably 60% college-aged doods (like myself at the time), but maybe 10% hot ladies, most of which seemed to have been dragged there by the first group i mentioned.

are you looking for ladies or college-aged doods?

a

Got some inspiration!

Very humble

Please...help me...

I love "numbers"...and my songs...this is only # 4866 on soundclick :(http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=562934&songID=4112496

Please, what am I doing wrong?(maybe is not "progressive" enough...):D

Ciro

hmmm... well, i have listened to a lot of this guys stuff from perusing the vs planet site in the past.

i dont think it sucks at all, and in fact have recorded much, much worse sounding stuff (not musical content, but sound quality) that still impressed the hell out of a few folks. then again, i have a track or three that i thought exemplified my current mastery of multi-track recording that another small set of folks thought nearly unlistenable (music content, not sound quality).

that said, this tune is a bit self-indulgent, wouldnt you say? hey, works for john scofield! at one scofield show i attended (of many), he remarked about what a sausage party it was, lol. crowd was probably 60% college-aged doods (like myself at the time), but maybe 10% hot ladies, most of which seemed to have been dragged there by the first group i mentioned.

are you looking for ladies or college-aged doods?

a
What did you think of this tune he has up?

i dont think it sucks at all, and in fact have recorded much, much worse sounding stuff......
that said, this tune is a bit self-indulgent, wouldnt you say?

i didnt really critique the performance because this is "mixing clinic" on "home recording" forum, not "songwriting clinic" on "musical content and musicianship" forum.

but since you asked..... no, it doesnt particularly speak to me. i think the dead drums are kind of novel and cool. i think the rhythm guitar tone is two steps above horrid, and the playing is perhaps a little unoriginal. those things are quite subjective, though. the rhythm section is reasonably tight, and the song does at least have some movement (though "progressive" might be a little strong). the music is self-indulgent, and as such probably wont translate well to a large part of the listening public (again, i could say the same about a lot of my own material). also, there isnt a lot of dynamic stuff going on, save for solos and vocals either being present or not. i think it is too long, and admittedly, my attention wanes towards the end.

overall, i think this is a quite good personal recording, but not something i would expect geffen to pick up.

mixwise, i think the production is pretty good, and pretty clean, with the sparse vocals clearly intelligible, the drums crisp enough to keep you hooked, and the instruments separated enough to easily discern while remaining pretty cohesive with the overall mix.

excuse the overuse of the word "pretty", but that is my opinion: pretty good. far from both "shit" and "the best"

a

There's nothing so good that it can't be improved.

It's a good riff, reminds me a little of Lynard Skynard. Needs to be packed "tighter". The left guitar seems too widely panned. A second guitar to balance out and a thicker bass, as well as smoothing out the guitar would help.

Bye

Well, something motivated me to record a tune again after 7 months of no recording... That is why I said "I got some inspiration". My own thoughts about the tune is that it's okay, a bit unpolished, ceirtainly not the best I've done. But I let it go so that it wouldn't take me another 7 month before I wanted to make another one...

The description of this forum is "Do you have something worth listening to? Convert it to MP3, post it to your Web site, and tell us where we can listen to it!". Well, I guess most of you just didn't think it was worth listening to. But thanks to those of you who made an effort of giving feedback.

This place is really strange. There must be harsh words and arguments before something gets interesting.

I have asked to be deleted from this board now. I should have done that years ago. I don't feel that this site has given me anything but sadness. This just brought up those old feelings again. I guess some of you who feels the urge of being funny on other's expenses just will call me a crying baby again now or make another brilliatly cynical remark. But if I don't get deleted now I will probably just change my mind and post my next tune here as well... haha

Bye! And thanks to those people on this board that actually are nice. ;) I'm thinking of "Real Person" in first hand. There has been others of course through the years but he is the only one I remember the nick of right now.

Take care!
Anders

Well, something motivated me to record a tune again after 7 months of no recording... That is why I said "I got some inspiration". My own thoughts about the tune is that it's okay, a bit unpolished, ceirtainly not the best I've done. But I let it go so that it wouldn't take me another 7 month before I wanted to make another one...

The description of this forum is "Do you have something worth listening to? Convert it to MP3, post it to your Web site, and tell us where we can listen to it!". Well, I guess most of you just didn't think it was worth listening to. But thanks to those of you who made an effort of giving feedback.

This place is really strange. There must be harsh words and arguments before something gets interesting.

I have asked to be deleted from this board now. I should have done that years ago. I don't feel that this site has given me anything but sadness. This just brought up those old feelings again. I guess some of you who feels the urge of being funny on other's expenses just will call me a crying baby again now or make another brilliatly cynical remark. But if I don't get deleted now I will probably just change my mind and post my next tune here as well... haha

Bye! And thanks to those people on this board that actually are nice. ;) I'm thinking of "Real Person" in first hand. There has been others of course through the years but he is the only one I remember the nick of right now.

Take care!
Anders
Who gives a fuck, You already said bye. So leave.

You're a whiny little baby. You didn't get feedback so you stomped your feet like a 3 year old. You GOT feedback and you took your ball and went home. Grow a spine already. Or at least make up your mind.

Besides the Dragon cave, there is almost NO hostility on this site...Or at least not in the MP3 Clinic. Go back and read your 2 whiny posts after the first one. This is something YOU brought upon yourself.

Because you're a baby.

Back