First bar of track 'stumbles' please help!

andikeep2580

Guys,

I have just started a new project in Sonar 7 and so far I only have one MIDI track with a kick drum. When I start the playback, the first bar is jumpy, as in the third beat is delayed. If I move the phrase to the second bar there is no issue. I watched the transport counter and that too hesitates on the third beat in the first bar.

I have the MIDI ouput to a Fantom XR which then returns to the PC through a soundcard (The MIDI is a USB interface).

Any ideas or things I can try?

Thanks
Andi

Just record everything from the 2nd bar, export the entire song, and then cut the blank beginning off of the final track.

No solution but a similar problem with Lexicon U42S USB Interface. When I record or playback to Sonar 6. The first few seconds or bars stutter, and are jumpy. So I basically moved the midi drum track to about 4th bar (or whatever it's called), and record from there going forward. It can stutter all it wants on the first three bars cause it's fine from 4 onward. It's a Lexicon thing I guess because my soundcard doesn't do it and neither does my cheapo Berringer USB interface. But at least it's not eating tapes....lol...always try to stay positive.... :D

Back