First attempt input needed?

bullyhill

I could use some advice, I know this mix is lacking, the drums will one day be real so for now they are a little low in the mix.
I can't seem to get the guitar sounding real enough, I'm going for the Propaghandi sound.

We are going to try this again this weekend and I'm taking notes so be blunt all suggestions wanted.
On The UP
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/alternative/

This is really good for video game music.

The downsides are: thin guitar sound, repetitive anoying drum machine and a lack of sonic depth in general.

The upside is you can work on all that stuff and get it a bit better.

It realy needs a bit more "omph" or low end crunch.

Yeah the drums are sh?? Im gonna have to get some real ones, fruityloops doesn't cut it for me.

More guitar tracks maybe?
Thanks

Yeah we all depend on crap for drums sometimes.

I wouldn't go for more guitars. What are you recording those guitars with? Sounds direct...? I would suggets working on getting a sound that has more low end meat to it.

Is there a bass in there?

I'm off to work now but I'll get back to ya later.

I'm micing a 4/12 boogie cab powered with a 2/90 and triaxis a 57 and 58 pointing at the cone on two different speakers 2 inches off the screen.
I know what your saying, It sounds so direct. I may have more gain then needed? I will lower it and push the power amp up alot.

Yeah the bass is low in the mix I will work on that.

You go Bully!!! ... good tune for a first. :) A little fattening up and that'll sound ok man. The programming wasnt bad on the drums, just need'em bigger so so they sound more real. I played along with that one myself, it has a lot of energy.

Back